The President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd) has written to the Senate, asking them to confirm Mr Abdulrasheed Bawa as substantive Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
Below are five things you should know about Bawa:
1. Abdulrasheed Bawa is 40-years-old.
2. He is a trained EFCC investigator with vast experience in the investigation and prosecution of Advance Fee Fraud cases, official corruption, bank fraud, money laundering, and other economic crimes.
3. Bawa was one of the pioneer EFCC Cadet Officers in 2005.
4. Bawa holds a B.Sc degree in Economics, and a Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy.
5. According to Buhari’s aide, Femi Adesina, Bawa has undergone several specialised training in different parts of the world.