Shopping cart

Lagoscityreporters.com is a web-based news and entertainment portal established to deliver cutting edge, incisive and knowledge-driven journalism practicelagoscityreporters.com is mandated to drive this vision through online journalism.

TnewsTnews
  • Home
  • News
  • Alleged Terrorism: Kanu Founder Of Eastern Security Network, ESN – Says Witness  
Featured

Alleged Terrorism: Kanu Founder Of Eastern Security Network, ESN – Says Witness  

470

Government’s second witness in the ongoing trial of Biafra nation agitator, Nnamdi Kanu says the secessionist leader is the founder of the Eastern Security Network (ESN) and operator of Radio Biafra.

‎At the resumed hearing on the matter, the second prosecution witness, identified as BBB, testified that he was assigned by the then Attorney General of the Federation to investigate Kanu.

‎But attempts by the prosecution to tender a letter authorising the investigation was objected by Agabi on grounds that the document was not front loaded. This prompted the prosecution’s withdrawal of the document, a request granted by the court.

‎The court, therefore, ordered that all materials intended for the trial must be served in advance and listed properly, stressing that no document would be admitted unless previously disclosed to the defence.

‎In another aspect, the presiding judge, James Omotosho, has instructed that only 16 out of the 26 listed would be recognised in court. This followed a bit of confusion about legal representation, where a certain Charles Ude claimed to be a member of Nnamdi Kanu’s legal team.

‎But lead defence counsel, Kanu Agabi, SAN, disassociated the team from Ude’s claim, with Kanu affirming that Agabi remains his official legal representative.

‎Similarly, the court has barred a relative of the defendant, Favour Kano, from attending three successive proceedings of the court, after she admitted doing a live stream while the judge was seated. Justice Omotosho revealed she had also posted the content online.

‎The matter was subsequently adjourned to May 7 for the continuation of the examination-in-chief of the second prosecution witness.

Comments are closed

Related Posts

NEWS: 2027: Fubara Missing As APC Screens 14 Governors | EFCC Declares Former Humanitarian Minister Farouq Wanted | Troops Foil Suspected IPOB,ESN Attack During Patrol In Enugu State | Frank Edoho Sparks Debate On Infidelity And Forgiveness In Marriage | Goodluck Jonathan Challenges Suit Seeking To Bar Him From 2027 Presidential Race | Supreme Court Nullifies PDP’s Ibadan Convention Over Court Order Violation | Police Dismiss, To Prosecute Officers Over Fatal Effurun Shooting | Family Mediation Turns Deadly As Man Kills Wife Over Divorce Suggestion | 2027: Jandor Withdraws From Lagos Governorship Race | 2027: Faleke Picks APC Presidential Forms For Tinubu | ARISE News’ Emeka Monye Launches N1m Award for Anambra’s Top WAEC Student Annually | Ahueze Receives N.2 Million “Emeka Monye Scholarship Prize” For Best Graduand, UNN |  lagoscityreporters.com Unveils Online Live Streaming Radio | Ahueze Vivian Isioma Emerges Winner Of The Inaugural Emeka Monye Scholarship Prize For Best Graduating Student, Mass Communication, UNN | SPORTS:  Nigeria’s Super Eagles Edge Iran In Thrilling Friendly | ADVERT:  Norahneys, Your one-stop shop for all unisex under wears, lingeries, night wears, children night wears, sports wears and other gift items, 6 Crowther by Calabar Street, Umuahia, Abia State. Call: 08039518552, norahney2612@gmail.com | For News Coverage, Adverts Placement And Other Enquiries, call: +234(0)8063310733